Synchronicity and Serendipity
- Pay attention to the random encounters and discussions you have in the next month. These serendipitous or synchronous fleeting conversations may seem to be very trivial. However you may find unexpected connections with the stranger you are talking with. The little tidbits of the conversation might through serendipity align themselves with other ideas in the rough you are playing with.Noticing such small events marks the beginning of your awareness of the synchronicity around you. Collect stories you read throughout the month of the synchronicity that happens in your community.
- Keep a notebook handy for this purpose. Do this for a month. The more you look for it the more you will find. It’s like buying a new car. After you have one chances are you will notice that same type of car on the road much more often than before. The intent here is to make you senses more aware and not miss these influencers that normally pass by.
- As you begin to expand your skills of observation and awareness, apply those principles to your ongoing creative projects or problems. Then each day stop and ask these questions:
- What have I seen today that relates to any other idea or theme in my life right now?
- Who Have I met today and what have I learned from this person?
- How can I apply what I learned from the people I have met today to something I am working on?
Go outside of your comfort zone in making conversations. Include the person behind you in the line for the train and don’t exclude the pizza guy delivering your order either. Anyone who you would not normally strike up a conversion with are prime subjects. You may find that ideas offered by these people can have tremendously value.
Wikipedia: Comfort Zone is the first studio album by Sector Seven. →
Filed under: Ideas
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!